Saturday, November 27, 2010

Great Egret

Another dreary day in the Pacific Northwest. I spent the morning at Fernhill Wetlands. The activity was a pretty good, but the Common Mergansers drove me crazy. Try I as I did, I could not figure out a way to get in close to them to get good pictures. It's wide open at Fernhill and the ducks see you coming from a ways off. As soon as you start towards them they just start swimming to the center of the pond or to the other side. Very frustrating. I considered crawling on the ground, but I decided to hold on to what dignity I still have left. :-)
All was not lost however as I did get some good pictures of some Golden-crowned Sparrows, some Lesser Goldfinches and the Great Egret seen above. This Egret has been perching in the trees in this same area for a few weeks and seems less afraid up there allowing for some reasonable pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment