Monday, November 22, 2010

Eurasian Wigeon

I'm on vacation this week, so I thought I'd get some birding in this morning before the bad weather settles in. I went to Hayden Island for the first time to see if I could see the White-winged Scoters that had been reported. I found them, but they weren't very close to shore, so my pictures didn't turn out very well. Same goes for the Surf Scoters, Western Grebes, Lesser Scaups and a Common Loon.
I then decided to go to Westmoreland Park for the first time. Fellow blogger Jen had seen some Eurasian Wigeons there about a week ago and since my only sighting was from quite a distance I thought I'd try my luck. My luck turned out good as I found a male and female pair among many American Wigeons. They are a very pretty birds.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, very pretty birds (as you said). I saw my first American Wigeon just this month down in Newport - no European yet. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete