Monday, May 31, 2010

White-crowned Sparrow

Today was the last day with the 400mm telephoto unless I rent it again sometime. I'd really like to try the 600mm, but it is always already reserved when I call in. I'll have to plan further ahead next time.
I was only going to be out in the morning as I had to spend some time working in the yard, etc., so I thought I'd stay close to home and walk TRNWR again. The first three pictures of the day are images shown above of the White-crowned Sparrow. There are several things I like about these images. First of all the blue-green background is really cool and contrasts well with the brown branch. I had no idea it was going to turn out like that when I shot the pictures. The Sparrow was perched on a low hanging Oak Tree branch and was heavily shadowed. That's where the f2.8 comes in handy. Another thing I like is the fact that the Sparrow has some caterpillars in its beak. If you look closely at the bottom image, I looks like it could have as many as three.
I generally write the text for these postings while I waiting for the images to upload. They just came in and are more washed out than they are when I view them with Pixelmator. I've noticed this before and am not quite sure if it Blogspot adjusting the image, the way Firefox renders the image or Pixelmator. Anyway, I'll have to check it out at work and see how they look there.

No comments:

Post a Comment