Friday, January 7, 2011

Ring-necked Duck

There has been a female Ring-necked Duck in the canal along the road at RNWR auto tour for a few weeks. It's near marker 2. I took these pictures back on Dec 18 using the rented 600mm lens.
With any luck, it will eventually attract a male to the canal. I'd love to get a close up picture of a male. The image on the bottom was taken from the bird blind at TRNWR way back on April 10th using the 400mm rental. Not a bad photo, but the bright water washed the image out. I need to remember to borrow my son's polarizing lens to see how much it improves these types of lighting situations.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, I love these guys. Yesterday it was a female scaup in that canal instead of the Ring-necked, but in exactly the same spot. Thanks for the tip on the tagged hawk btw!

    ReplyDelete