Thursday, January 6, 2011

Eared Grebe

After trying unsuccessfully to find the Prairie Falcon last Sunday, I made a quick stop at Fernhill Wetlands since it was nearby. I'm glad I did because the Eared Grebe I saw there in the past, but out in the middle of Fernhill Lake, was diving right along the West edge of the Lake near the parking lot. It would dive and I would try to guess where it would come up. I was able to get some pretty good shots of it, though some of the closest ones were a bit blown out from the bright sun.
Notice how its eye is red in the upper two images like normal, but kind of goldish in the bottom image where the sun is shining on it.

2 comments:

  1. Great shots of the Eared! Though I think you goofed in your description where you wrote Horned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks pointing out the error, Jen. I'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete