Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mule Deer

While I was making my way to the parking lot to leave Timberline last Sunday (seems like something cool happens as I'm leaving fairly often), I walked along the downhill side of the lodge's parking lot. There was some sort of large machine ahead of me along the path. I didn't give it much notice as it was fairly nondescript. Then I realized that right behind it was a large male Mule Deer. It was just standing there on the other side leaving only it's head and top of it's back visible to me. It had a nice sized set of antlers on it as you can see.
It soon noticed me and walked off between the trees, but I got a nice shot of it walking away. My wife really liked the photo and commented that it isn't the view one normally sees of a deer. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment