Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cedar Waxwing

Like I said in an earlier post, I saw a flock of Cedar Waxwings last Wednesday at TRNWR. I believe there was a mix of adults and juveniles as I saw this adult and one juvenile clearly, but the rest hung back in the trees out of plain sight.
This adult stayed out in front as if it were "keeping watch" on me. At one point it took time to eat some berries. I was busy taking pictures of it and didn't notice this interesting thing it did with the berry. It actually flipped the berry in the air and caught it again as you can see in the following two images.
The image information my camera embedded into the images reveals that this sequence of images were taken within 1 or 2 seconds. Yet another case of not knowing what I had until I got the pictures home on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment