Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Black-throated Gray Warbler

On Sunday, I visited Sauvie Island. In the 23+ years I have lived in the Portland area, I have never spent any time on Suave Island. I had read on the local Audubon Society website that the Wapato Access Greenway located on the island was an important bird area, so I thought I would start there.
It's a beautiful area, but things were a little slow until I neared completion of the trail loop. Suddenly there were Black-capped Chickadees, Wilson's Warblers and Black-throated Gray Warblers all around me. I tried to be still and get as many pictures as possible, but these small birds in among the tree branches and leaves where nearly constantly moving. Then, one of the Black-throated Gray Warblers landed on a branch very near me. The lighting wasn't that good, but I did manage to get this one picture that didn't turn out too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment