Sunday, June 13, 2010

Savannah Sparrow

These pictures of a Savannah Sparrow were taken shortly before those of the Belted Kingfisher I posted yesterday. I believe these benefited from stopping the lens down a couple of stops as the light was better and the result appears to be sharper than I would have expected at the distance I was away.
I was happy to get the opportunity to take these shots as I have been trying to get some descent shots of Savannah Sparrows. As I mentioned in a past post, they are rather flighty and weary of letting you get too close. They also unintentionally taunt you by running along the path, just out of range and most of the time with their back to you. This one, however, was quite cooperative, although it would have been nice to get even closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment