Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hermit Thrush

Conditions were difficult for taking pictures along the trail at the Sandia Crest because of the heavy shadows and bright shafts of light through the trees. When we came across this Hermit Thrush not only did those problems exist, it also wasn't very close to us. I didn't have much hope that it would turn out very well, but while not the greatest, it's at least good enough to get a good look at its features. Thank goodness for image processing software.
While we didn't see many Hermit Thrushes, we heard several. Especially during one of the stops on the way back. Their song is very distinct and memorable. As a matter of fact, while I've never seen one here in Oregon or anywhere else, I'm sure I heard one tonight at Champoeg State Park during a walk I took there.
To hear the Hermit Thrush's song click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment