Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Great Blue Heron - Gloomy

Well, isn't this different.
I took this picture of a Great Blue Heron sitting in a tree off in the distance about a week ago on a gloomy day (we have had a lot of those lately). When I viewed it on my computer I thought it was interesting, but I didn't know what to do with it.
I ran across it again tonight while looking for something to post. Then I thought, why not gray scale it and turn the contrast up. Make it even more of a silhouette than it already was. I played with that some, but wasn't happy with it.
Then I remembered that I had played with some of the more exotic filters that Pixelmator has a while back. There was one called Gloom that might just do the trick. Sure enough, I liked it, so I tweaked the color and brightness a bit and after several different attempts decided I liked this one. A bit Tim Burtonish, don't you think? :-)

1 comment:

  1. I like how you've made this elegant Great Blue Heron look Vulturous and foreboding.

    ReplyDelete