Monday, June 7, 2010

Green Heron

I thought it would be fun to post a variety of crops of the same picture. The images above are of one of the Green Herons that make a pond at Mentor Graphics home. The image turned out quite sharp, but had a couple of interesting features to work around. One is the nice reflection in the water and the other is the bright Yellow Water Iris leaves off to the right.
The bright Water Iris leaves are a bit distracting and overexposed. There is not much I can do with them by adjusting exposure. If I were more highly skilled, I might try to work with layers and lay something over it. So, that leaves cropping it out or living with it.
The top image attempts to totally crop out the leaves and feature the full reflection in the water. The center image does the same thing, but opens up the sides a little allowing some of the leaves. The bottom image ignores the both the reflection and attempting to crop out the leaves. It instead features the direction of the head and beak and crops horizontally instead of vertically. In the case of this picture, I like the bottom image the best, but that is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment