Monday, December 13, 2010

Red-tailed Hawk

Another image from my last trip to RNWR last Wednesday. There were raptors galore. I saw several Red-tailed Hawks, several Bald Eagles, a couple of Northern Harriers and American Kestrels. Not only were they plentiful, but they were much more cooportive about staying in place so I could take some good pictures.
The image above is one of those examples. This Red-tailed Hawk was perched in a tree about 10 feet off the ground. I pulled up along side it in my car and started taking pictures. It did not show any concern with my presence. Normally I would have lucky if I could gotten that close without it flying off. I'm not sure why things would be any different other than it was later in the afternoon than when I normally visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment