Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yellow Warbler

Today we spent the evening at Carlos State Park in central Minnesota. This is a park that my family camped at a few times in my early 20's, so it brought back some fun memories. We really didn't have much of a plan other than some wanted to swim, so when I saw a Common Loon not far from shore I spent a little time walking the nearby trail along the lake. It was surprisingly active with Thrushes, Blue Birds and Flycatchers to name a few.
Before we left, a couple of Yellow Warblers flew into a nearby tree. They were difficult to photograph as they were high in the tree and constantly moving. I assume the bird in the image above is a female as it does not have the brown stripes that would be more obvious on a male. I only got a couple of glimpses of the other warbler, but I'm fairly certain that it did have the stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment