Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pine Siskin

I saw Pine Siskins at my feeder today for the first time this winter. I'd estimate there were about 15 of them, though they were count as they were constantly on the move.
I haven't had much time to watch my feeder yet this winter as it is dark when I leave for work and dark when I come home. Today was a pretty good day. Besides the Pine Siskins there were a couple of Starlings, a few Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Black-capped Chickadee, a Red-breasted Nuthatch, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet and a Goldfinch.
You can see the Goldfinch in the picture above sitting on a bush to the left of the feeder. It looks like an American here though in other pictures it looks like a Lesser. I find it hard to tell them apart in the winter.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, Pine Siskins are one bird I never get at my feeders...

    ReplyDelete