Monday, December 26, 2011

Bushtit

I started out today looking for the Bewick's subspecies of Tundra Swan seen at Coffee Lake yesterday. I drive past Coffee Lake on my way to work and have often thought this wetland had potential. Unfortunately the Tundra Swans were all towards the back of the lake so I couldn't get close enough to see if the Bewick's was still there. Maybe tomorrow.
From there I stopped at TRNWR. I haven't been there in months. Things were somewhat slow, but I did run into a small flock of Bushtits at the observation deck. The light was horrible, but I did get one interesting shot of one of the Bushtits as it just started to take off.

1 comment:

  1. Nice shot! Love the wing detail. I'm going to head over to TRNWR myself today to see about that Emperor Goose! Maybe look for the Bewick's too.

    ReplyDelete