Tuesday, May 10, 2011

MacGillivray's Warbler

This past Saturday morning I decided to bird at Mount Tabor. There had been reports during the week that the warblers were migrating through so I thought I'd check it out.
While I heard a lot of bird song, I didn't see nearly as many birds as I had thought I would. In addition to the heavy foliage, I think the problem is that many of the birds are high in the trees. Since I am usually looking for close in opportunities for picture taking, I don't usually scour the tree tops for birds.
I did, however, see a few MacGillivray's Warblers. A new life bird for me! They tended to stay low and in the brush, but I did manage to get a couple of shots through the branches. The top image is a male with the dark throat, while the bottom image is a female with a pale throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment