Friday, March 26, 2010

Great Blue Heron

I took Cait out with me late this afternoon. She wanted to try taking some pictures of her own with my old camera, so we headed out to TRNWR. While Cait was taking pictures of landscapes and interesting geometries, I was looking for birds. Things were pretty slow. Late afternoons/evenings appear to be bad times to go birding. We walked all the way out to the Wetland Observatory Deck. On our way back, I noticed this Great Blue Heron sitting down in Chicken Creek. The sun was setting and there were clouds in the sky so the shooting conditions were poor, especially with the Heron 15 feet or so down in the ravine. But, what the heck, it's the first Great Blue Heron I've seen since I got my camera. Most of the pictures were grainy and dark, but the sun poked through a cloud for a bit, and while there was not direct sun light, things brightened up a enough to get a reasonable photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment