Thursday, April 29, 2010

Turkey Vulture

Of the over 200 pictures I took of these Turkey Vultures one night on my way home from work, these are about the only two that turned out well enough to post. The dark feathers against the bright sky resulted in an underexposed bird. This even after I adjusted the camera to overexpose. Oh well, live and learn. I'll have other opportunities. For some reason, I've seen Turkey Vultures at this spot for years. I also took some pictures of the Vultures perched up near the top of some tall pines. One of them would open its wings facing into the sun on occasion. I believe they do this to help kill bacteria they pick up eating rotting carcass'. I haven't gotten through all those pictures yet. If one is good enough, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment