Sunday, April 4, 2010

Song Sparrow

This is my third posting of a Song Sparrow. They are very common this time of the year. I'm posting this one more for the aesthetics of the image than for illustrating a Song Sparrow. Most of the time I crop the image down to bring the bird in quite close, but I liked the branches so much, I decided to feature them.
This picture was taken yesterday during my first trip to Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve. I spent about 4 hours there in the morning. It's about a 45 minute drive, so I loose a lot of day in travel, but it looked like a very promising location on the web where I read about it. It turned out to be a site with high potential. Yesterday wasn't the best day as it was cloudy, rainy and gloomy. It was also flooded in a lot of areas. None-the-less, I photographed many birds (took 659 pictures) including ones I had not yet seen. Many pictures did not turn out real well because of the weather conditions (low light), but it was a great experience and I will definitely return.

No comments:

Post a Comment